Preparing for an ultra marathon takes patience and dedication. The following are tips for training for an ultra marathon:
1. Start off by running on flat terrain. As you progress, move on to terrain that is similar to what you will be running in the actual race.
2. Refine your nutrition to find what works for you, and drink continuously, including sports and energy drinks.
3. Build up your base. Ultra marathons can be a combination of walking and running, but work on long distances on two back-to-back days once a week.
4. Pack drop bags that include food as well as extra clothing and sunscreen.
5. Be prepared for the emotions. The challenges of ultra marathons are largely mental, so remain positive.
Copyright © 2014 womenontherunblog.com, All rights reserved.